General Use

1. The Attribution Model

The attribution model is used to spread the value of a conversion across engagements. The available models and their descriptions are:


Gives 1/n value to each engagement that led to a conversion. Where n is the number of all engagements that led to that conversion.


The first model assigns all of the conversion value to the first engagement that led to a conversion.


The last model assigns all of the conversion value to the last engagement that led to a conversion.

First and Last

The first and last model assigns 50% of the conversion value to the first engagement and 50% of the conversion value to the last engagements that led to a conversion

Time Decay

The time decay model is a weighted distribution such that more recent engagements prior to the conversion receive a greater percentage of the conversion value.

Time Decay distribution

Specifically the time decay model is an exponentially decaying distribution starting from the most recent engagement. If there were two engagements that led to a conversion then the most recent engagement will be assigned a value of 66.67% and the other engagement will be assigned 33.33%.

2. Expression filter

A filter that is applied to entirety of the attribution report.

3. Fields to display

The group of fields from the Engagement events that led to a conversion.

4. Attributing on fields

The fields that must match when determining if an Engagement led to a Conversion.

Attributing on Identifier

Regardless of the fields selected for attributing on, Identifier will ALWAYS be applied. For the simple reason that you would not want to attribute an Engagement from one user to the Conversion of a different user.

5. Attribution window

The maximum time allowed between the time of the Engagement and the time of the Conversion.

6. Date range

The date range from which to select the set of Engagements

7. Segment filter

Do the attribution for only the events belonging to the users in the given segment

8. Display of fields

Displays the unique group of fields from the engagements that led to a conversion.

9. Engagement expression

The expression that describes the Engagement events

10. Engagement expression total

The total number of Engagements, regardless of whether or not they led to a conversion.

11. Conversion expression

The expression that describes the Conversion events

12. Conversion expression total

The total value of those engagements that did lead to conversions. See The Attribution Model for how each model applies value.

13. Conversion expression revenue

The revenue generated by the conversion. Revenue is defined by the Expression's engagement value. Revenue is distributed with accordance of the attribution model.

14. Conversion %

The percentage of Conversion Value over Total Engagements. If multiple Engagements are selected there will be a Conversion % for each Engagement.

15. Add an engagement

Adding an additional engagement to the query simply adds another possibility for Conversions to be attributed to Engagements.

Multiple Engagements Example

Assume we have a single Conversion Conversion 1 and two Engagements Engagement 1 and Engagement 2. The value for Conversion 1 will be attributed with accordance to the model if Conversion 1 occurred within the window of either Engagement 1 or Engagement 2.

Furthermore, if our Attribution Model was First and Engagement 1 occurred before Engagement 2 then Engagement 1 would be assigned 100% of the value of Conversion 1 while Engagement 2 would be assigned nothing.

16. Add a conversion

Adding an additional conversion will effectively create an new attribution query for how the engagements are attributed to that conversion. The attribution of a conversion is completely independent from the attribution of a different conversion.

Multiple Conversions Example

Assume we have a single Engagement Engagement 1 and two Conversions Conversion 1 and Conversion 2. The values for Engagement 1 and Conversion 1 will be completely unchanged by adding or removing Conversion 2. All the values for Conversion 2 will reflect the attribution of Engagement 1 to Conversion 2 independent of how Engagement 1 can be attributed to Conversion 1

17. Export

Export the attribution results as CSV, Excel, or JSON

18. Select an attribution report

Load a previously saved attribution report

19. Save an attribution report

Save the report and all of its parameters to load at a later date.

Did this answer your question?