Example use case:
Some clients capture leads offline through community events. They wish to upload those leads into Zaius and target them.
Custom Field: Lead Source
First we are going to create a custom field on Customers called Lead Source which will hold the event name for the lead.
Create the custom field:
- Navigate to Custom Fields for Customers (Cog => Data Management => Custom Fields => Customers)
- Click Create New Custom Field.
- Select the Customer Container, name the field Lead Source, and use the Text type.
- Click Save.
Prepare and Upload CSV
Assuming you are capturing email address, first name, and last name. Prepare a CSV file with the following fields:
Prepare CSV and upload:
- Import your data into Google Sheets with headers
- Export as CSV. File => Download as => Comma-separated values (.csv, current sheet).
- Rename the file to be prefixed with
- Navigate to the Upload UI in Zaius. Cog => Data Management => Integrations => Upload CSV.
- Upload CSV to Zaius.
Segment Customers by Lead Source
Create a segment targeting Farmers Market leads:
- Navigate to Segment Manager. Customers => Segment Manager.
- Click + Segment.
- Name the segment: Leads: Farmers Market.
- Under Demographics, select Lead Source = Farmers Market.
- Save the segment.